Fire Prevention and safety Tips and Information
- Make sure your smoke alarms are in proper working order and are not past their expiration date.
- Change batteries for your smoke alarm and C.O. alarms twice a year.
- Smoke Alarms need to be changed at least every 10 years depending on the manufacturing recommendation.
- Plan two escape routes and make sure your children know them.
- In-case of any smoke stay low to the ground.
- Do not leave stove tops unattended.
- Keep any open flame away for any flammable objects.
For more information about fire safety and prevention please visit the websites below:
National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
Smokey the Bear.com
NJ Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness